EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest Film News
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…
- ‘The King’s Speech’ & ‘Wolf Hall’ Financier Hindsight Splashes On Sci-Fi Spec ‘Anima…
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…