EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…