EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Startling 'Southpaw' Makeover: Exclusive Photo
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune