EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Daniel Espinoza Reteaming For ‘The Anarchists Vs. ISIS’
- ‘Wakefield’ Acquired By IFC Films For May Release
- Fox Searchlight Lands Robert Redford & Casey Affleck Starrer ‘The Old Man And The Gun’
- Producer Dylan Clark Joining Matt Reeves On ‘Batman’?
- Kristen Wiig In Negotiations To Star In ‘Where’d You Go Bernadette?’
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster