EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets