EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International Box…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…