EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- CBS Slams “Disloyal” Shari Redstone In Attempt To Toss Bylaw Change That Could Lead To Viacom Merger
- LeBron James & Channing Tatum Team For New Line Action Comedy
- Equality Writes Launches As UK Study Finds Just 16% Of Film Scribes Are Women
- ‘Old Boys’ Trailer: First Look At Edinburgh-Bound Brit Comedy Starring Alex Lawther
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000