EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle