EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Gemma Chan Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie
- ‘Human Flow’ Trailer: Ai Weiwei’s Documentary About The Refugee Crisis
- Weinstein Company Launches Mizchief Animated Film Label
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor