EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Adam Leon, whose feature directing debut Gimme The Loot won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Narrative Feature when it made its debut as the SXSW festival. The film, which Leon also wrote, was set last week to play in the Un Certain Regard category at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. IFC/Sundance Selects acquired U.S. distribution of the film, a gritty comedic love story about two inner city high schoolers from the Bronx who set out to prove they are the ultimate graffiti taggers. Leon previously directed the short film Killer. He had been courted by the agencies since his film played SXSW.
UTA Signs Adam Leon, SXSW-Winning 'Gimme The Loot' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Addams Family’ Creeps Onto October 2019 Release Schedule For MGM
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- Morgan Spurlock’s ‘Super Size Me 2’ Dropped By YouTube Red & Pulled From Sundance, While ‘Devil We Know’ Filmmakers Distance…
- ‘Molly’s Game’ Review: Jessica Chastain Powers Aaron Sorkin’s Sensational Directorial Debut
- Sam Daly Cast In ‘Cut Throat City’; Grant Bowler Has A ‘Bad Impulse’
- Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Talk ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scenes And Finding Light In The Dark Of Episode…