Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark’s USA series Political Animals has rounded out its cast with the addition of Adrian Pasdar as a recurring to appear in every episode. The six-episode series, from Warner Horizon, is slated to debut on July 15 and air in the Sunday 10 PM slot. Political Animals stars Sigourney Weaver as Elaine, a former First Lady and presidential candidate who tries to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and a hungry DC journalist (Carla Gugino) who is bent on destroying her. Pasdar will play President Paul Garcetti, who defeated Elaine in the presidential primary and then appointed her as his Secretary of State. A smart man who uses every resource at his disposal to his advantage, he deftly employs Elaine’s popularity to deflect unwanted attention. The series also co-stars James Wolk, Sebastian Stan, Brittany Ishibashi with Ellen Burstyn and Ciarán Hinds. Filming has begun in Philadelphia with Berlanti directing the first episode written by him. Oscar–winning costume designer Ann Roth will design Weaver’s wardrobe for the pilot.
USA Series 'Political Animals' Sets July Premiere Date, Adds Adrian Pasdar To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials
- Comedy Central Developing ‘Living The Dream’ From Aaron Karo & Dillon Francis