Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark’s USA series Political Animals has rounded out its cast with the addition of Adrian Pasdar as a recurring to appear in every episode. The six-episode series, from Warner Horizon, is slated to debut on July 15 and air in the Sunday 10 PM slot. Political Animals stars Sigourney Weaver as Elaine, a former First Lady and presidential candidate who tries to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and a hungry DC journalist (Carla Gugino) who is bent on destroying her. Pasdar will play President Paul Garcetti, who defeated Elaine in the presidential primary and then appointed her as his Secretary of State. A smart man who uses every resource at his disposal to his advantage, he deftly employs Elaine’s popularity to deflect unwanted attention. The series also co-stars James Wolk, Sebastian Stan, Brittany Ishibashi with Ellen Burstyn and Ciarán Hinds. Filming has begun in Philadelphia with Berlanti directing the first episode written by him. Oscar–winning costume designer Ann Roth will design Weaver’s wardrobe for the pilot.
USA Series 'Political Animals' Sets July Premiere Date, Adds Adrian Pasdar To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book