Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line