Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris