Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen…
- Gal Gadot, Sue Kroll & Jaron Varsano Team To Produce ‘My Dearest Fidel’
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message