Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Bruce Brown Dies: Surf Movie Pioneer Who Sought The Perfect Wave For ‘Endless Summer’ Was 80
- Ian Chen & Jovan Armand Join ‘Shazam!’, Brian 'Astro' Bradley Jr. Cast In ‘Luce’
- Justin Chon, Filmmaker Behind ‘Gook’ At Sundance, Will Direct Next Feature For Macro
- Cinedigm Acquires Rights To High School Comedy ‘Dear Dictator’
- Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Goosebumps’ Movie At Sony, But Which One?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening