Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…
- ‘The Boy Downstairs’ Star Zosia Mamet Talks “Laughing And Crying” On Her First Read Of The Script…
- Directors Guild Hails Jonathan Demme As “Iconic” & “Groundbreaking”