Classic Hollywood directors became the face of a classic communications method today. The U.S. Postal Service honored John Ford, Frank Capra, Billy Wilder and John Huston with their own Great Film Directors First-Class Forever stamps. Scenes from famous works by the respective director inspired the background of each stamp, which you can buy for mail or collecting. So there’s Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon statue in the background of the Huston stamp, there’s Marilyn strumming away from Some Like It Hot on the Wilder stamp. The Capra stamps features a scene from It Happened One Night and the Ford one has the Duke from The Searchers. Derry Noyes and Gary Kelley created the stamps for the Postal Service.
U.S. Postal Service Puts Stamp of Approval on Wilder, Huston, Ford & Capra
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV