The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast