The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'