The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres