The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report