The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Trailer Goes All “Thriller” + Tease Kicks Off Comic-Con Panel
- 'Wynonna Earp' Renewed For Season 3 On Syfy – Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Debuts New Trailer, Adds Wilson Cruz, Composer Jeff Russo to Starfleet —Comic-Con
- ‘Happy!’: Patton Oswalt Set To Voice Title Character In Syfy Series, Replacing Bobby Moynihan
- ‘The Originals’ Season 5 Teaser: First Look At Teenage Hope In Final Season — Comic-Con
- ‘Lucifer’: Tom Welling Joins Season 3 Cast Of Fox Drama Series; New Footage Unveiled