The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Media For Normalizing Nazis With “Alt-Right” Label
- ‘Botched’ Renewed For Fourth Season By E!
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- Amazon’s ‘The Collection’ Scores China Deal; HBO Asia Dives Into First Original Comedy; Endemol Shine Israel CEO Exits…
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Ratings Tumble From ‘The Wiz’ For NBC; Equals 2014’s ‘Peter Pan’
- CBS Announces 2016-17 Directors-Writers Initiative Participants