20th Century Fox TV is finalizing deals with Everybody Loves Raymond veteran Mike Royce to serve as showrunner on another family comedy, NBC’s midseason single-camera half-hour 1600 Penn, and with Community executive producers Garrett Donovan and Neil Goldman for the same duty on Fox’s fall single-camera comedy Ben and Kate. The gigs stem from Royce and Donovan & Goldman’s overall deals with the studio. Both pilots were written by scribes with no TV series writing experience. 1600 Penn was co-written by actor Josh Gad and former White House speechwriter Jon Lovett, with input from director Jason Winer; Ben & Kate was written by feature writer Dana Fox. Royce recently worked on a single-camera comedy project for 20th TV, the Fox pilot Little Brother.
Two New Comedy Series Land Showrunners
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'