Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- ‘Mary Poppins’ Sequel Gets Title & Release Date From Disney
- ‘Alice’ Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.7M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $183.4M – Int’l Box…
- ‘Mudbound’ Cast Set; XLrator-IndustryWorks Pact For Action Thrillers; Melissa McCarthy To Star In ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’…
- Michael Grandage Set To Helm Fox’s ‘Guys And Dolls’ Remake
- Annabella Sciorra & Aaron Poole Sign With Abrams Artists Agency; Pantheon Inks Donovan W. Carter, Eva Marcille
- Altitude Acquires Simon Dixon’s ‘Tiger Raid’ For UK And Ireland