Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- ‘Akicita’s Native Warriors Stood Up To “Genocide,” Violent Police Militarization At Standing Rock…
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- ‘Search’s Sev Ohanian Wins Sundance Institute/Amazon Studios Producers Award
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal – Sundance