Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold