Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest Film News
- How ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O.…
- ‘Jeannette’s Bruno Dumont Doesn’t Care Where He Watches A Film – Cannes Studio
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs
- ‘Rambo’ Remake’s Tiger Shroff & Siddharth Anand On Building An Indian Action Hero – Cannes Studio
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Trailer Reunites ‘Magic Mike’ Team–Plus Daniel Craig as Joe Bang
- ‘Beguiled’s Sofia Coppola Makes History As Second Female Director To Win At Cannes Film Festival