Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8, New Pregnancy Not Expected To Impact Production
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA “Fighting Back” Against Dangers Posed By Face-Swapping Technology
- David Frankel In Talks To Direct Jess Walter Novel Adaptation ‘Beautiful Ruins’ For Fox 2000
- Guillermo del Toro Signs Exclusive Deal With DreamWorks Animation
- ‘The Serengeti Rules’ Clip: Scientists Shift The World’s View On Nature In Tribeca Docu
- Disney’s Courtship Of Fox Began Last Summer, At Rupert Murdoch’s Moraga Winery
- ‘Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable’ First Look: Tribeca Docu Catches Her Wave