Tribeca Film plans a select theatrical release beginning September 5 at New York’s Film Forum for For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano, Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder and Jena Malone. So Yong Kim’s drama centers on a father’s efforts at reconciliation with his young daughter. The film, which also will be released on VOD and online, premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien produced through SoandBrad and DeerJen films. The deal was negotiated for Tribeca Film by acquisitions head Nick Savva, and on behalf of the filmmakers by CAA.
Tribeca Film Acquires Sundance Drama 'For Ellen'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview