TNT has passed on its Western drama pilot Tin Star aka Gateway. The move comes after TNT brass screened the network’s three completed pilots — Tin Star, Monday Mornings (aka Chelsea General) and Scent Of The Missing. TNT is not expected to make series pickups today, but Monday Mornings had been the clear frontrunner, with the search-and-rescue drama Scent Of The Missing also in serious contention. Tin Star was shot last fall. TNT did not make a decision when the pilot was delivered, instead opting to wait for its other pilots. TNT’s fourth pilot of the current batch, Frank Darabont’s L.A. Noir, is still filming. Along with the broadcast networks and USA, TNT is holding its upfront presentation next week. The action/adventure Tin Star, executive produced by Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon, was set in a Colorado town in the 1880s. It told the story of three brothers who step in to save their town when their sheriff father is murdered, pitting them against a corrupt cattle baron determined to make the town his own.
TNT Pilot 'Tin Star' Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners