TNT has passed on its Western drama pilot Tin Star aka Gateway. The move comes after TNT brass screened the network’s three completed pilots — Tin Star, Monday Mornings (aka Chelsea General) and Scent Of The Missing. TNT is not expected to make series pickups today, but Monday Mornings had been the clear frontrunner, with the search-and-rescue drama Scent Of The Missing also in serious contention. Tin Star was shot last fall. TNT did not make a decision when the pilot was delivered, instead opting to wait for its other pilots. TNT’s fourth pilot of the current batch, Frank Darabont’s L.A. Noir, is still filming. Along with the broadcast networks and USA, TNT is holding its upfront presentation next week. The action/adventure Tin Star, executive produced by Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon, was set in a Colorado town in the 1880s. It told the story of three brothers who step in to save their town when their sheriff father is murdered, pitting them against a corrupt cattle baron determined to make the town his own.
TNT Pilot 'Tin Star' Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship