TNT has passed on its Western drama pilot Tin Star aka Gateway. The move comes after TNT brass screened the network’s three completed pilots — Tin Star, Monday Mornings (aka Chelsea General) and Scent Of The Missing. TNT is not expected to make series pickups today, but Monday Mornings had been the clear frontrunner, with the search-and-rescue drama Scent Of The Missing also in serious contention. Tin Star was shot last fall. TNT did not make a decision when the pilot was delivered, instead opting to wait for its other pilots. TNT’s fourth pilot of the current batch, Frank Darabont’s L.A. Noir, is still filming. Along with the broadcast networks and USA, TNT is holding its upfront presentation next week. The action/adventure Tin Star, executive produced by Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon, was set in a Colorado town in the 1880s. It told the story of three brothers who step in to save their town when their sheriff father is murdered, pitting them against a corrupt cattle baron determined to make the town his own.
TNT Pilot 'Tin Star' Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?