ABC’s Private Practice will come back in the fall without its original male lead. Tim Daly tweeted late last night that his option for Season 6 of the Grey’s Anatomy spinoff created/exec produced by Shonda Rhimes was not picked up. “Wonderful fans of PPP,” he wrote. “Shonda informed my agent today that Pete won’t be returning for season 6. It was a great 5 yrs. R.I.P. Pete Wilder.” The renewal of Private Practice came down to the wire and is for 13 episodes that could be the show’s last, though no final decision has been made. The series also is undergoing a major change behind the scenes where co-executive producers Jennifer Cecil and Barbie Kligman have been promoted to executive producers/co-head writers, replacing Steve Blackman and Craig Turk. In the fifth season finale, Daly’s character Pete Wilder is sent to jail for euthanizing a patient.
Tim Daly To Depart ABC's 'Private Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates Across $300M Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest TV News
- Colin Kaepernick’s Anthem Protest Stirs Day-Long Debate; Spike Lee Says “I Support My Brother”
- Harry Fujiwara Dies: WWE’s Mr. Fuji Was 82
- Charles Osgood Announces Retirement: Mellow-Voiced Anchor of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ Ends 22-Year Run September 25
- Ann Coulter Skewers Hillary Clinton – And Gets Skewered – At Comedy Central’s Roast Of Rob Lowe
- 'The Night Manager's Olivia Colman On A Spin-Off And How Tom Hiddleston Is "The Perfect Specimen For Bond" – AwardsLine
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”