ABC’s Private Practice will come back in the fall without its original male lead. Tim Daly tweeted late last night that his option for Season 6 of the Grey’s Anatomy spinoff created/exec produced by Shonda Rhimes was not picked up. “Wonderful fans of PPP,” he wrote. “Shonda informed my agent today that Pete won’t be returning for season 6. It was a great 5 yrs. R.I.P. Pete Wilder.” The renewal of Private Practice came down to the wire and is for 13 episodes that could be the show’s last, though no final decision has been made. The series also is undergoing a major change behind the scenes where co-executive producers Jennifer Cecil and Barbie Kligman have been promoted to executive producers/co-head writers, replacing Steve Blackman and Craig Turk. In the fifth season finale, Daly’s character Pete Wilder is sent to jail for euthanizing a patient.
Tim Daly To Depart ABC's 'Private Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Jury Prize Winner Nadine Labaki’s ‘Capernaum’ Captures The Reality Of A Life in Hell For Lebanon’s Invisible Generation – Cannes Studio
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
Latest TV News
- Royal Wedding Ratings: 18M Watch Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Big Day In The UK
- ‘SNL’: Donald Trump Gets ‘The Sopranos’ Treatment In Season Finale Cold Open
- Food Network ‘Ginormous Food’ Host Josh Denny Stirs The Pot Via Twitter
- Royal Wedding Draws Hollywood Tweets And Praise – Reactions From Online
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She “Looks Amazing”, Bishop Curry’s Speech And Other…
- Jimmy Kimmel Addresses Santa Fe Shooting, Urges Viewers To Vote For Politicians “Who Will Do Something”