ABC’s Private Practice will come back in the fall without its original male lead. Tim Daly tweeted late last night that his option for Season 6 of the Grey’s Anatomy spinoff created/exec produced by Shonda Rhimes was not picked up. “Wonderful fans of PPP,” he wrote. “Shonda informed my agent today that Pete won’t be returning for season 6. It was a great 5 yrs. R.I.P. Pete Wilder.” The renewal of Private Practice came down to the wire and is for 13 episodes that could be the show’s last, though no final decision has been made. The series also is undergoing a major change behind the scenes where co-executive producers Jennifer Cecil and Barbie Kligman have been promoted to executive producers/co-head writers, replacing Steve Blackman and Craig Turk. In the fifth season finale, Daly’s character Pete Wilder is sent to jail for euthanizing a patient.
Tim Daly To Depart ABC's 'Private Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood