EXCLUSIVE: Continuing its steady pace of pick-ups, The Weinstein Co has acquired French comedy Haute Cuisine from Wild Bunch. The Christian Vincent-directed pic is based on the true story of Danièle Delpeuch who was the private cook to late French President, François Mitterrand. Catherine Frot stars with French novelist Jean D’Ormesson in his first feature role. The story follows a renowned chef from Perigord who is appointed by the president as his personal cook. D’Ormesson’s chief of state falls in love with her cooking and despite resentment from the rest of the staff, the spirited chef establishes herself. But, the halls of the Elysée Palace are littered with traps. The film was co-scripted by Of Gods And Men‘s Etienne Comar and the director. Comar produced via his Armada Films Production with Philippe Rousselet for Vendome.
The Weinstein Co Acquires French Culinary Comedy 'Haute Cuisine': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview