EXCLUSIVE: Continuing its steady pace of pick-ups, The Weinstein Co has acquired French comedy Haute Cuisine from Wild Bunch. The Christian Vincent-directed pic is based on the true story of Danièle Delpeuch who was the private cook to late French President, François Mitterrand. Catherine Frot stars with French novelist Jean D’Ormesson in his first feature role. The story follows a renowned chef from Perigord who is appointed by the president as his personal cook. D’Ormesson’s chief of state falls in love with her cooking and despite resentment from the rest of the staff, the spirited chef establishes herself. But, the halls of the Elysée Palace are littered with traps. The film was co-scripted by Of Gods And Men‘s Etienne Comar and the director. Comar produced via his Armada Films Production with Philippe Rousselet for Vendome.
The Weinstein Co Acquires French Culinary Comedy 'Haute Cuisine': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…
- NEON Snags Rights To ‘Monsters And Men’ At Sundance
- 'Come Sunday' Director Joshua Marston On His Subject Having Faith In Him – Sundance Studio
- ‘The Rose’ Broadway Musical In The Works From The Jackal Group
- ‘White Fang’ Star Nick Offerman Enthuses Over Pic’s “Important” Environmental Message…