Ahead of the company’s first Cannes, Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel’s The Solution Entertainment Group has acquired international rights to psychological thriller Grand Piano from the producing team of Adrian Guerra and Rodrigo Cortés. Elijah Wood will star in the project to be directed by Eugenio Mira from a script by Damien Chazelle. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July, under Guerra and Cortés’ Nostromo Pictures. Story sets Wood as a piano virtuoso forced into early retirement because of crippling stage fright. When he returns to the stage, the recital turns deadly and he is forced to literally play for his life. The Solution will commence sales at Cannes next week where Wilson tells me she’ll be aided by former Icon UK head of sales Anthony Buckner. Wood, who’s currently filming Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, also stars in the Cannes official selection midnight screening title Maniac. He’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
The Solution To Handle International Sales On 'Grand Piano' Starring Elijah Wood
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More