British helmer Duncan Jones is tapped to direct a biopic based on Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books that launched one of the longest-running and most profitable movie franchises. Fleming gained first-hand knowledge of his subject matter working for British Naval Intelligence during World War II. Masterminding real operations inspired him to create Agent 007. News about the project emerged in Cannes and on Jones’ fan-blog site and Twitter feed. His previous projects were Source Code and Moon. Casting is underway. Matthew Brown’s screenplay is based on the biography Ian Fleming, The Man Behind James Bond by Andrew Lycett. Jones’ movie, which is said to have the support of the Fleming estate, is expected to go into production later this year. K5 Film (Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur), PalmStar Media Capital’s Kevin Frakes and Liberty Films’ Stuart Fenegan will produce the film in association with Jim Young of Animus Films and Robert Laycock of the Fleming estate. K5 International will handle worldwide rights. Status of an Ian Fleming project set up at Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way is unclear.
Duncan Jones Plans Ian Fleming Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”