British helmer Duncan Jones is tapped to direct a biopic based on Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books that launched one of the longest-running and most profitable movie franchises. Fleming gained first-hand knowledge of his subject matter working for British Naval Intelligence during World War II. Masterminding real operations inspired him to create Agent 007. News about the project emerged in Cannes and on Jones’ fan-blog site and Twitter feed. His previous projects were Source Code and Moon. Casting is underway. Matthew Brown’s screenplay is based on the biography Ian Fleming, The Man Behind James Bond by Andrew Lycett. Jones’ movie, which is said to have the support of the Fleming estate, is expected to go into production later this year. K5 Film (Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur), PalmStar Media Capital’s Kevin Frakes and Liberty Films’ Stuart Fenegan will produce the film in association with Jim Young of Animus Films and Robert Laycock of the Fleming estate. K5 International will handle worldwide rights. Status of an Ian Fleming project set up at Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way is unclear.
Duncan Jones Plans Ian Fleming Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster