Susan Sarandon is set to star in Ping-Pong Summer and will begin shooting the film in September in Ocean City, Md. Michael Tully is directing from his own script. Set in the summer of 1985, the coming-of-age film centers on a teenage boy obsessed with the game and hip-hop and a family vacation that changes everything. Sarandon’s involvement is a logical extension of her publicized love of the game: The Oscar-winning actress started a Ping-Pong program for New York City students, SPiN, bringing the game to schools across the five boroughs. She recently told Forbes that she plans to franchise the program to other cities like L.A. The film’s producers include Steve Bannatyne, Derrick Tseng, and entertainment attorneys Steven C. Beer and George Rush; Nomadic Independence duo Ryan Zacarias and Brooke Bernard, who worked with Tully on his previous film, Septien; and Court 13’s Michael Gottwald. The film is seeking additional financing. Sarandon is repped by ICM.
Susan Sarandon Plays ‘Ping-Pong Summer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney