EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over ‘Arrested Development’ Interview Comments: “I Was Wrong Here”…
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”