EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Gracenote Introduces New Products To Deepen Video, Music & Sports Searches
- AMC Networks Q4 Earnings Top Analyst Expectations After December Warning
- Acorn To Co-Produce BBC Drama ‘Love, Lies & Records’ Starring Ashley Jensen
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Get WaPo’s “Democracy Dies In Darkness” Message
- Kellyanne Conway Returns To TV, Says She Has Been Busy Looking At Houses And Being Mom