EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- Fox News Clocks Record Ratings As Cable News Nets Enjoy Donald Trump’s First Quarter In White House
- Barclays Bank Launches $125M UK TV Production Fund
- ‘Sherlock’s Mark Gatiss To Curate BBC’s ‘Queers’; ‘Berlin Station’ Rolls Into Europe…
- Archie Panjabi, Jack Davenport Wedded To ITV Family Thriller ‘Next Of Kin’
- ‘Cat Meets Dog’: Fur Flies – Or Doesn’t – In New Animal Planet Series With Jackson Galaxy