EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Kicks Off ‘Late Show’ DNC Week With Trippy Song And Dance
- Stephen Colbert Rushes DNC Podium With Security In Hot Pursuit
- Michelle Obama’s Stirring DNC Speech Gets Rousing Hollywood Reaction
- Bernie Sanders “Disappointed” But Offers Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton – After Awhile
- Donald Trump Claims Elizabeth Warren “Misrepresented” Him In Hard-Hitting DNC Speech – Update
- Michelle Obama’s Powerful DNC Speech Praises Clinton, Dumps On Trump – And Ignores Melania