EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse
- Billy Campbell & Karine Vanasse Cast As Leads In CTV Drama ‘Cardinal’
- ‘Transparent’ Season 2 First Episode Available On Amazon Prime
- ‘Supergirl’ Gets Order For 7 More Episodes From CBS