EXCLUSIVE: The former WWE star will host the new 10-episode reality competition series Redneck Island, which drops 12 blue-collared contestants into a tropical paradise where they will compete for $100,000. The series, which will debut next month, comes as CMT sigs a development deal with Austin, whose action film credits include The Expendables movies. He also will develop other series with the network via his Broken Skull Ranch Prods shingle. On Redneck Island, he will “oversee a cast of characters who attempt to survive hilarious and unpredictable challenges in unique redneck fashion.” 51 Minds Entertainment produces the series, which will be paired on the schedule with Season 2 of the network’s My Big Redneck Vacation.
CMT Inks Deal With Steve Austin, Who Will Host Reality Series 'Redneck Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 7 By Spike TV; Spinoff Set
- 6;America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Hit Debut Low, ‘Extreme Weight Loss’ Returns Down, ‘I Can Do That…
- Abrams Artists Ups Four Agency Veterans In Restructuring
- ABC’s ‘World News Tonight’ Takes May Sweep In Demos, ‘NBC Nightly News’ Wins Week
- Discovery Chief Says U.S. TV Market Is Weakening While Overseas Grows
- ‘Doctor Who’ Peter Capaldi Set To Make Comic-Con Debut