EXCLUSIVE: The multiplatform national release of the documentary With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story includes special theatrical screenings Wednesday in Pasadena; Austin; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Fairview, Texas; Bolingbrook and South Barrington, Ill.; Redmond, Wash.; and Glendale, Wyo. The deal for the 1821 Pictures movie comes after Epix HD acquired the rights during this year’s Slamdance Film Festival; the channel showed the film about the life of the superhero king over the weekend during a Marvel Superheroes promotion. The movie will screen via iPic Entertainment, with Lee participating from Pasadena in a live-streamed Q&A with audiences at each of the venues. The doc will hit VOD and other digital platforms May 8 in a deal with FilmBuff. WME negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
Stan Lee Doc 'With Great Power' Headed For Special Theater Screenings
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’