EXCLUSIVE: The multiplatform national release of the documentary With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story includes special theatrical screenings Wednesday in Pasadena; Austin; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Fairview, Texas; Bolingbrook and South Barrington, Ill.; Redmond, Wash.; and Glendale, Wyo. The deal for the 1821 Pictures movie comes after Epix HD acquired the rights during this year’s Slamdance Film Festival; the channel showed the film about the life of the superhero king over the weekend during a Marvel Superheroes promotion. The movie will screen via iPic Entertainment, with Lee participating from Pasadena in a live-streamed Q&A with audiences at each of the venues. The doc will hit VOD and other digital platforms May 8 in a deal with FilmBuff. WME negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
Stan Lee Doc 'With Great Power' Headed For Special Theater Screenings
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike