EXCLUSIVE: The multiplatform national release of the documentary With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story includes special theatrical screenings Wednesday in Pasadena; Austin; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Fairview, Texas; Bolingbrook and South Barrington, Ill.; Redmond, Wash.; and Glendale, Wyo. The deal for the 1821 Pictures movie comes after Epix HD acquired the rights during this year’s Slamdance Film Festival; the channel showed the film about the life of the superhero king over the weekend during a Marvel Superheroes promotion. The movie will screen via iPic Entertainment, with Lee participating from Pasadena in a live-streamed Q&A with audiences at each of the venues. The doc will hit VOD and other digital platforms May 8 in a deal with FilmBuff. WME negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
Stan Lee Doc 'With Great Power' Headed For Special Theater Screenings
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes Est. $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days For Lionsgate
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date