EXCLUSIVE: The multiplatform national release of the documentary With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story includes special theatrical screenings Wednesday in Pasadena; Austin; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Fairview, Texas; Bolingbrook and South Barrington, Ill.; Redmond, Wash.; and Glendale, Wyo. The deal for the 1821 Pictures movie comes after Epix HD acquired the rights during this year’s Slamdance Film Festival; the channel showed the film about the life of the superhero king over the weekend during a Marvel Superheroes promotion. The movie will screen via iPic Entertainment, with Lee participating from Pasadena in a live-streamed Q&A with audiences at each of the venues. The doc will hit VOD and other digital platforms May 8 in a deal with FilmBuff. WME negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
Stan Lee Doc 'With Great Power' Headed For Special Theater Screenings
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM