Upcoming contemporary thriller series Hannibal will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Television’s AXN networks in 18 languages across 63 countries. Production is expected to start in late July on the 13-episodes that trace the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s legendary character, Hannibal Lecter, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler. Hugh Dancy is playing the FBI agent. Gaumont International Television is producing in association with SPT Networks. Bryan Fuller exec produces and David Slade directs. NBC has already picked up the series to air mid-season with a near day-and-date release set across AXN’s footprint.
Sony's AXN Networks Bite Into 'Hannibal'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'