Upcoming contemporary thriller series Hannibal will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Television’s AXN networks in 18 languages across 63 countries. Production is expected to start in late July on the 13-episodes that trace the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s legendary character, Hannibal Lecter, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler. Hugh Dancy is playing the FBI agent. Gaumont International Television is producing in association with SPT Networks. Bryan Fuller exec produces and David Slade directs. NBC has already picked up the series to air mid-season with a near day-and-date release set across AXN’s footprint.
Sony's AXN Networks Bite Into 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update
- Update: Aamir Khan's 'PK' Is Biggest Ever Bollywood Bow In North America (Video)
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- ITV Invests In Ex-Maker CEO's Zealot Networks
- George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Strip Poker & More In 'Downton' Charity Spoof (Video)
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere