Upcoming contemporary thriller series Hannibal will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Television’s AXN networks in 18 languages across 63 countries. Production is expected to start in late July on the 13-episodes that trace the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s legendary character, Hannibal Lecter, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler. Hugh Dancy is playing the FBI agent. Gaumont International Television is producing in association with SPT Networks. Bryan Fuller exec produces and David Slade directs. NBC has already picked up the series to air mid-season with a near day-and-date release set across AXN’s footprint.
Sony's AXN Networks Bite Into 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Tartaglione
- Civil Rights Org Sees Rise In Threats Against Muslims Over ‘American Sniper’
- ‘Hobbit’ Storms China, Crosses $600M Overseas: International Box Office Update
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All