Upcoming contemporary thriller series Hannibal will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Television’s AXN networks in 18 languages across 63 countries. Production is expected to start in late July on the 13-episodes that trace the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s legendary character, Hannibal Lecter, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler. Hugh Dancy is playing the FBI agent. Gaumont International Television is producing in association with SPT Networks. Bryan Fuller exec produces and David Slade directs. NBC has already picked up the series to air mid-season with a near day-and-date release set across AXN’s footprint.
Sony's AXN Networks Bite Into 'Hannibal'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under