Upcoming contemporary thriller series Hannibal will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Television’s AXN networks in 18 languages across 63 countries. Production is expected to start in late July on the 13-episodes that trace the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s legendary character, Hannibal Lecter, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler. Hugh Dancy is playing the FBI agent. Gaumont International Television is producing in association with SPT Networks. Bryan Fuller exec produces and David Slade directs. NBC has already picked up the series to air mid-season with a near day-and-date release set across AXN’s footprint.
Sony's AXN Networks Bite Into 'Hannibal'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'