Online film investment site Slated announced today that they have helped raise financing for a modern retelling of Anton Chekov’s The Seagull and a follow-up to the Emmy-winning documentary Roman Polanski: Wanted And Desired. First announced at the Sundance Film Festival this year, Slated seeks to link up experienced and vetted filmmakers with investors to help indie movies secure financing. Partially funded via Slated, Christian Camargo’s adaption of Anton Chekov’s The Seagull marks The Hurt Locker actor’s directorial debut. The film stars William Hurt, Katie Holmes and Allison Janney. Seagull is scheduled to start shooting in the next few months in upstate New York. Juliet Rylance is producing along with the New Globe Theater’s Barbara Romer. Ed Vassallo is co-producer. The other film on Slated’s slate is Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out. The documentary is director Marina Zenovich’s follow-up to her 2008 Emmy-winning HBO film Roman Polanski: Wanted And Desired. The new film chronicles the Oscar winning director’s successful 2010 battle to avoid extradition in to the U.S. to face charges stemming from a 1977 sexual assault of a minor. Lila Yacoub produces Odd Man Out with Steven Soderbergh and Randy Wooten as executive producers. Co-founded by Duncan Cork, Stephan Paternot, William Mapother and Gavan Gravesen, Slated claims that they have investors with more than $100 million in capital to put into films that meet the site’s criteria.
Slated Announces Inaugural Polanski & ‘Seagull’ Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney