Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers has been picked up just before its premiere Wednesday in the Cannes Film Festival‘s Directors’ Fortnight section. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the dark comedy, a StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI Presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films. Screenwriters Alice Lowe and Steve Oram (with additional writing by Amy Jump) also star in the pic, about a man who takes a girl on a journey through his beloved British Isles that soon turns bad, sending him and anyone who rubs him the wrong way over a very jagged edge. Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced and Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright executive produced. The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC’s Arianna Bocco, with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Acquires Directors' Fortnight Pic 'Sightseers': Cannes
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks