Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers has been picked up just before its premiere Wednesday in the Cannes Film Festival‘s Directors’ Fortnight section. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the dark comedy, a StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI Presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films. Screenwriters Alice Lowe and Steve Oram (with additional writing by Amy Jump) also star in the pic, about a man who takes a girl on a journey through his beloved British Isles that soon turns bad, sending him and anyone who rubs him the wrong way over a very jagged edge. Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced and Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright executive produced. The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC’s Arianna Bocco, with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Acquires Directors' Fortnight Pic 'Sightseers': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists