Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers has been picked up just before its premiere Wednesday in the Cannes Film Festival‘s Directors’ Fortnight section. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the dark comedy, a StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI Presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films. Screenwriters Alice Lowe and Steve Oram (with additional writing by Amy Jump) also star in the pic, about a man who takes a girl on a journey through his beloved British Isles that soon turns bad, sending him and anyone who rubs him the wrong way over a very jagged edge. Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced and Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright executive produced. The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC’s Arianna Bocco, with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Acquires Directors' Fortnight Pic 'Sightseers': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release