Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers has been picked up just before its premiere Wednesday in the Cannes Film Festival‘s Directors’ Fortnight section. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the dark comedy, a StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI Presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films. Screenwriters Alice Lowe and Steve Oram (with additional writing by Amy Jump) also star in the pic, about a man who takes a girl on a journey through his beloved British Isles that soon turns bad, sending him and anyone who rubs him the wrong way over a very jagged edge. Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced and Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright executive produced. The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC’s Arianna Bocco, with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Acquires Directors' Fortnight Pic 'Sightseers': Cannes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa