Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers has been picked up just before its premiere Wednesday in the Cannes Film Festival‘s Directors’ Fortnight section. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the dark comedy, a StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI Presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films. Screenwriters Alice Lowe and Steve Oram (with additional writing by Amy Jump) also star in the pic, about a man who takes a girl on a journey through his beloved British Isles that soon turns bad, sending him and anyone who rubs him the wrong way over a very jagged edge. Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced and Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright executive produced. The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC’s Arianna Bocco, with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Acquires Directors' Fortnight Pic 'Sightseers': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe