EXCLUSIVE: The hugely buzzed-about ‘R’-rated comedy Ted was scheduled for release July 13th. But Universal execs moved quickly to grab this date now that Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation sequel moved off June 29th to add 3D. After all, the movie and campaign are ready, I’m told. Seth MacFarlane is the writer, director, producer, and voice talent behind the foul-mouthed teddy bear alongside Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. “The movie has had so much buzz since the minute the trailers were released that we’ve been looking to see if there was an earlier date available,” a Universal insider tells me. “It also gives us two more weeks of primetime summer. And allows for the word of mouth to build through the weeks up through Fourth Of July.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Superbowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2.
Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moving Into June 29th Slot Just Vacated By 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest Film News
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- 6;Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad’ Sets Big-Name Voice Cast; ARC Gets ‘Freedom'; Rialto Releasing Restored ‘The Third Man…
- ‘Monster Trucks’ From Paramount Pushed For The Second Time, Now Out of 2015
- Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise
- UFO Tale ‘The Phoenix Incident’ Lands At XLrator
- Horror Sniper Pic ‘Carnage Park’ Sets Its Sight On Four Leads – Cannes