EXCLUSIVE: The hugely buzzed-about ‘R’-rated comedy Ted was scheduled for release July 13th. But Universal execs moved quickly to grab this date now that Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation sequel moved off June 29th to add 3D. After all, the movie and campaign are ready, I’m told. Seth MacFarlane is the writer, director, producer, and voice talent behind the foul-mouthed teddy bear alongside Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. “The movie has had so much buzz since the minute the trailers were released that we’ve been looking to see if there was an earlier date available,” a Universal insider tells me. “It also gives us two more weeks of primetime summer. And allows for the word of mouth to build through the weeks up through Fourth Of July.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Superbowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2.
Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moving Into June 29th Slot Just Vacated By 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations