EXCLUSIVE: The hugely buzzed-about ‘R’-rated comedy Ted was scheduled for release July 13th. But Universal execs moved quickly to grab this date now that Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation sequel moved off June 29th to add 3D. After all, the movie and campaign are ready, I’m told. Seth MacFarlane is the writer, director, producer, and voice talent behind the foul-mouthed teddy bear alongside Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. “The movie has had so much buzz since the minute the trailers were released that we’ve been looking to see if there was an earlier date available,” a Universal insider tells me. “It also gives us two more weeks of primetime summer. And allows for the word of mouth to build through the weeks up through Fourth Of July.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Superbowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2.
Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moving Into June 29th Slot Just Vacated By 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or