EXCLUSIVE: The hugely buzzed-about ‘R’-rated comedy Ted was scheduled for release July 13th. But Universal execs moved quickly to grab this date now that Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation sequel moved off June 29th to add 3D. After all, the movie and campaign are ready, I’m told. Seth MacFarlane is the writer, director, producer, and voice talent behind the foul-mouthed teddy bear alongside Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. “The movie has had so much buzz since the minute the trailers were released that we’ve been looking to see if there was an earlier date available,” a Universal insider tells me. “It also gives us two more weeks of primetime summer. And allows for the word of mouth to build through the weeks up through Fourth Of July.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Superbowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2.
Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moving Into June 29th Slot Just Vacated By 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Avatar’ Starts Production Today On Four Consecutive Sequels At Over $1 Billion Budget
- Julianne Hough To Play First Lady Of Fitness Betty Weider In George Gallo’s ‘Bigger’
- Bart & Fleming: How Donald Trump’s Football Fumbles Killed USFL; Why The Movie Star Is Dying; Studio…
- China Axes Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Release: The Possible Political Motives
- Sharon Stone Signs With CAA
- Vanessa Hudgens Added To Cast Of Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’