EXCLUSIVE: The hugely buzzed-about ‘R’-rated comedy Ted was scheduled for release July 13th. But Universal execs moved quickly to grab this date now that Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation sequel moved off June 29th to add 3D. After all, the movie and campaign are ready, I’m told. Seth MacFarlane is the writer, director, producer, and voice talent behind the foul-mouthed teddy bear alongside Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. “The movie has had so much buzz since the minute the trailers were released that we’ve been looking to see if there was an earlier date available,” a Universal insider tells me. “It also gives us two more weeks of primetime summer. And allows for the word of mouth to build through the weeks up through Fourth Of July.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Superbowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2.
Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moving Into June 29th Slot Just Vacated By 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller