Producers Malcolm Kohll, Michael S. Murphey and Ofir Kedar are prepping a three-picture series based on South African novelist Deon Meyer’s Devil’s Peak trilogy. The crime novels focus on Benny Griessel, a detective with Cape Town’s Serious and Violent Crimes Unit. Sean Bean is set to play Griessel, a recovering alcoholic with family issues and other demons who’s very good at catching murderers. The first book in the series, Devil’s Peak, was published in 2004, followed by Thirteen Hours in 2009 and 7 Days in 2011. The Little Film Company is handling international sales and will introduce the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Hersch Klaff, Robbie Little and Robert Fig are executive producing. A September start date is being eyed, with shooting to take place in South Africa. Murphey was recently supervising producer on District 9 and a co-producer on DNA Films’ upcoming Dredd, both of which shot locally. He’s producing Devil’s Peak via his Kalahari Pictures banner. Bean co-stars in ABC series Missing and will next be seen in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
Sean Bean To Star In 'Devil's Peak' Trilogy Based On Deon Meyer Book Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel