Producers Malcolm Kohll, Michael S. Murphey and Ofir Kedar are prepping a three-picture series based on South African novelist Deon Meyer’s Devil’s Peak trilogy. The crime novels focus on Benny Griessel, a detective with Cape Town’s Serious and Violent Crimes Unit. Sean Bean is set to play Griessel, a recovering alcoholic with family issues and other demons who’s very good at catching murderers. The first book in the series, Devil’s Peak, was published in 2004, followed by Thirteen Hours in 2009 and 7 Days in 2011. The Little Film Company is handling international sales and will introduce the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Hersch Klaff, Robbie Little and Robert Fig are executive producing. A September start date is being eyed, with shooting to take place in South Africa. Murphey was recently supervising producer on District 9 and a co-producer on DNA Films’ upcoming Dredd, both of which shot locally. He’s producing Devil’s Peak via his Kalahari Pictures banner. Bean co-stars in ABC series Missing and will next be seen in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
Sean Bean To Star In 'Devil's Peak' Trilogy Based On Deon Meyer Book Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16 Year-Long Journey to Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris, & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures