Producers Malcolm Kohll, Michael S. Murphey and Ofir Kedar are prepping a three-picture series based on South African novelist Deon Meyer’s Devil’s Peak trilogy. The crime novels focus on Benny Griessel, a detective with Cape Town’s Serious and Violent Crimes Unit. Sean Bean is set to play Griessel, a recovering alcoholic with family issues and other demons who’s very good at catching murderers. The first book in the series, Devil’s Peak, was published in 2004, followed by Thirteen Hours in 2009 and 7 Days in 2011. The Little Film Company is handling international sales and will introduce the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Hersch Klaff, Robbie Little and Robert Fig are executive producing. A September start date is being eyed, with shooting to take place in South Africa. Murphey was recently supervising producer on District 9 and a co-producer on DNA Films’ upcoming Dredd, both of which shot locally. He’s producing Devil’s Peak via his Kalahari Pictures banner. Bean co-stars in ABC series Missing and will next be seen in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
Sean Bean To Star In 'Devil's Peak' Trilogy Based On Deon Meyer Book Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office