Samuel Goldwyn Films has slated a spring 2013 US release for Renoir, which premieres in Cannes later this week. Set on the Côte d’Azur in 1915, Gilles Bourdos’ love story turns around Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Jean Renoir and the woman who becomes the painter’s model and the filmmaker’s lover. Veteran French actor Michel Bouquet stars with Vincent Rottiers and Christa Theret. Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier are producers, Christine De Jekel is exec producer. Goldwyn’s Ian Puente and Peter Goldwyn negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton and Antoine Zylberberg.
Samuel Goldwyn Films Takes U.S. On Un Certain Regard Picture 'Renoir'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Thai Exhibitor Pulls 'Mockingjay' As Coup Protesters Resurface Salute: Update
- China's 'Gone With The Bullets' Fires Up $20M In Advance Ticket Sales: Report
- 'Woman In Black 2 Angel Of Death' Haunts Eel Marsh House: Hot Trailer
- Veteran Warner Bros Japan Chief Bill Ireton To Leave Company
- 'The Commune' & '13 Minutes' Scoop Multiple-Territory Sales; BIFAs Honor Emma Thompson: Global Showbiz Briefs
- BBC Says More 'Luther' Coming, But It's More Dramatic Than That