Samuel Goldwyn Films has slated a spring 2013 US release for Renoir, which premieres in Cannes later this week. Set on the Côte d’Azur in 1915, Gilles Bourdos’ love story turns around Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Jean Renoir and the woman who becomes the painter’s model and the filmmaker’s lover. Veteran French actor Michel Bouquet stars with Vincent Rottiers and Christa Theret. Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier are producers, Christine De Jekel is exec producer. Goldwyn’s Ian Puente and Peter Goldwyn negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton and Antoine Zylberberg.
Samuel Goldwyn Films Takes U.S. On Un Certain Regard Picture 'Renoir'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean