Samuel Goldwyn Films has slated a spring 2013 US release for Renoir, which premieres in Cannes later this week. Set on the Côte d’Azur in 1915, Gilles Bourdos’ love story turns around Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Jean Renoir and the woman who becomes the painter’s model and the filmmaker’s lover. Veteran French actor Michel Bouquet stars with Vincent Rottiers and Christa Theret. Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier are producers, Christine De Jekel is exec producer. Goldwyn’s Ian Puente and Peter Goldwyn negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton and Antoine Zylberberg.
Samuel Goldwyn Films Takes U.S. On Un Certain Regard Picture 'Renoir'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…