Samuel Goldwyn Films has slated a spring 2013 US release for Renoir, which premieres in Cannes later this week. Set on the Côte d’Azur in 1915, Gilles Bourdos’ love story turns around Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Jean Renoir and the woman who becomes the painter’s model and the filmmaker’s lover. Veteran French actor Michel Bouquet stars with Vincent Rottiers and Christa Theret. Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier are producers, Christine De Jekel is exec producer. Goldwyn’s Ian Puente and Peter Goldwyn negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton and Antoine Zylberberg.
Samuel Goldwyn Films Takes U.S. On Un Certain Regard Picture 'Renoir'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under