Investor Ron Tutor told analysts and journalists today on an earnings call for his multi-billion-dollar construction businesses that he was looking to unload at least some of his share of movie business assets within the next 10 days. Tutor is one of a group of investors who purchased Miramax from Disney for $663 million in 2010. In response to a question near the end of the call, Tutor said if for any reason the plan to shed movie assets falls through, he likely will execute a stock sale in July. Some of the assets are tied up in bankruptcy or other litigation, but onetime Tutor investment associate David Bergstein has agreed to drop his litigation concerning his dealings with Colony Capital in exchange for “a small amount of money” for his efforts to achieve the Miramax purchase.
Ron Tutor Hopes To Shed Entertainment Assets Within 10 Days
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce