Rod Perth, a former president of USA Network and co-founder of ReelzChannel, has been appointed president and CEO of the National Association of Television Programming Executives. He will oversee the vision, strategic evolution, marketing, programming and financial/administrative operations of the organization and replaces Rick Feldman, who stepped down in February after nine years in the post. “Combined with his vast network of relationships and senior management skills, we believe Rod is ideally suited to evolve NATPE into a dynamic global organization relevant to all who touch content,” said the trade group’s co-chairs Jordan Levin and Chris Grant. “His imprint will be on next year’s conference in Miami, which marks NATPE’s 50th anniversary. It will recognize the considerable milestones in our business and serve as a springboard into our new initiatives for the future.” Korn/Ferry conducted the search on NATPE’s behalf. Most recently, Perth founded and RHP Media Consulting, specializing in digital media, broadcast, cable and new-media initiatives. He began his career with the CBS Television Stations Group, where he rose to run late-night programming at CBS. He also is an adjunct professor at USC’s Film School.
Longtime TV Exec Rod Perth Named NATPE President & CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two