Rod Perth, a former president of USA Network and co-founder of ReelzChannel, has been appointed president and CEO of the National Association of Television Programming Executives. He will oversee the vision, strategic evolution, marketing, programming and financial/administrative operations of the organization and replaces Rick Feldman, who stepped down in February after nine years in the post. “Combined with his vast network of relationships and senior management skills, we believe Rod is ideally suited to evolve NATPE into a dynamic global organization relevant to all who touch content,” said the trade group’s co-chairs Jordan Levin and Chris Grant. “His imprint will be on next year’s conference in Miami, which marks NATPE’s 50th anniversary. It will recognize the considerable milestones in our business and serve as a springboard into our new initiatives for the future.” Korn/Ferry conducted the search on NATPE’s behalf. Most recently, Perth founded and RHP Media Consulting, specializing in digital media, broadcast, cable and new-media initiatives. He began his career with the CBS Television Stations Group, where he rose to run late-night programming at CBS. He also is an adjunct professor at USC’s Film School.
Longtime TV Exec Rod Perth Named NATPE President & CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices