Robert Pattinson has been cast as one of the leads in David Michod’s The Rover. The film chronicles a man who relentless pursues a gang who stole his car through the wild and rough Australian outback of the near future. Pattinson, best known for playing Edward in the Twilight franchise, will play Reynolds, the brother of one of the thieves who is left behind when an encounter with the police goes very wrong. Guy Pearce co-stars in the film as the man in search of his car. David Linde’s Lava Bear and Liz Watts’ Porchlight are producing the film. Pattinson was just attached to star in Jean-Stephane Sauvaire’s Mission Blacklist, and he also toplines the David Cronenberg-directed Cosmopolis that is in competition at this month’s Cannes Film Festival. David Michod is repped by UTA, Australian Agent Jane Cameron at Cameron Cresswell and attorney Alan Wertheimer. UTA Independent Film Group is representing The Rover for sale. Pattinson is repped by WME, 3 Arts, and Curtis Brown.
Robert Pattinson To Star In ‘The Rover’
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: "It's Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business"
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie
- Quentin Tarantino On Harvey Weinstein: “Wish I Had Taken Responsibility For What I Heard”
- Veteran Media Analyst Jessica Reif Cohen: Skinny Bundles “So Far Are One Big Yawn”
- Zhu Zhu, Amy Irving, Helen Slater Set In Ann Hu’s U.S./Chinese Co-Production ‘Confetti’
- Brenton Thwaites, Ben Robson Cast In ‘A Violent Separation’