Rob Lowe has been cast as prosecutor Jeff Ashton in the Lifetime movie about last year’s Caylee Anthony murder trial. Based on Ashton’s best-selling book Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony, the story will unfold from the prosecutor’s perspective in the controversial case in which Caylee’s mother Casey was acquitted of murder despite what many believed was overwhelming evidence of guilt. The tentatively titled Prosecuting Casey Anthony will illustrate how Ashton built the case against Casey Anthony and why Ashton remains convinced of the mother’s guilt. Lowe previously starred in Lifetime’s Drew Peterson: Untouchable.
Rob Lowe Cast As Prosecutor In Movie About Casey Anthony Trial
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'