Maker of Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 Atlas Productions filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Relativity Media, RML Acquisitions and Netflix over failure to pay license fees and alleging copyright infringement. Atlas accuses the companies of breach of contract and failure to pay $1.5 million in license fees in connection with post-theatrical distribution of Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 including video on demand on Netflix. Atlas Productions says that despite demands for two separate payments of $750,000, no payment has been made. A separate part of the suit accuses Netflix of copyright infringement. Atlas seeks $1.5 million plus interest plus unspecified general damages as well as court costs and any further relief the court deems appropriate for breach of contract plus additional damages on other causes of action including copyright infringement by Netflix. You can read the lawsuit here.
Relativity, Netflix Sued Over 'Atlas Shrugged: Part 1' License Fees
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession