They’re up about 3.6% in post-market trading following CEO Amy Miles’ disclosure that the exhibition company had its “highest ever first quarter” measured by cash flow. The theater chain generated net income of $46.3M, up from a $23.6M loss in the period last year, on revenues of $684.9M, up nearly 20%. Analysts expected revenues to come in at $670.2M. Yet earnings, at 30 cents a share, stood out vs expectations of 14 cents. Revenues from ticket sales were up 20% to $474.1M as admissions grew 16.1% to 53.7M. The average ticket price, at $8.83, was up 31 cents vs last year’s Q1. Concession sales hit $180M, up about 19%, while spending per patron rose 8 cents to $3.35. Miles attributed the gains to “a strong film slate combined with our continued focus on cost control.” She adds that she’s “excited about the upcoming summer movie season” and is “optimistic about the potential for box office success for the remainder of 2012.”
Regal Entertainment Shares Rise After It Reports Strong Q1 Earnings
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency