Rebecca Hall is in talks to join Iron Man 3. The Town star would take over the role in the Marvel franchise that Jessica Chastain was up for until this weekend. “I’m sorry to say that Iron Man 3 isn’t going to work out. My schedule is jammed packed and I can’t fit anything else in,” Chastain announced on her Facebook page on Sunday. If Hall steps into the role Chastain was considering, she will not be playing Iron Man 3’s female lead. Gwyneth Paltrow will return as Pepper Potts. Paltrow, who was in both previous Iron Man movies, made a short appearance as Potts with Iron Man himself Tony Stark AKA Robert Downey Jr. in the recently released The Avengers. Hall’s likely role will be that of a scientist rivaling Stark in her genius and skills. Shane Black is directing Iron Man 3. The sequel, which will shoot in China and in North Carolina, is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013. Iron Man isn’t the only member of the record-breaking box office sales Avengers team with a sequel in the pipeline for next year. Thor 2 is expected out on November 15, 2013. Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed today that an Avengers 2 is in development.
Rebecca Hall Up For ‘Iron Man 3’ Role Jessica Chastain Declined
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks