Rebecca Hall is in talks to join Iron Man 3. The Town star would take over the role in the Marvel franchise that Jessica Chastain was up for until this weekend. “I’m sorry to say that Iron Man 3 isn’t going to work out. My schedule is jammed packed and I can’t fit anything else in,” Chastain announced on her Facebook page on Sunday. If Hall steps into the role Chastain was considering, she will not be playing Iron Man 3’s female lead. Gwyneth Paltrow will return as Pepper Potts. Paltrow, who was in both previous Iron Man movies, made a short appearance as Potts with Iron Man himself Tony Stark AKA Robert Downey Jr. in the recently released The Avengers. Hall’s likely role will be that of a scientist rivaling Stark in her genius and skills. Shane Black is directing Iron Man 3. The sequel, which will shoot in China and in North Carolina, is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013. Iron Man isn’t the only member of the record-breaking box office sales Avengers team with a sequel in the pipeline for next year. Thor 2 is expected out on November 15, 2013. Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed today that an Avengers 2 is in development.
Rebecca Hall Up For ‘Iron Man 3’ Role Jessica Chastain Declined
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller