PREVIOUS THURSDAY 8PM: With NBC and Fox pretty much done with their new series pickups, ABC, which presents its fall schedule right after them on Tuesday, is at bat next. Here is my last take on the ABC pilot field heading into tomorrow, when the network is expected to make its picks. On the drama side, NASHVILLE is on the schedule. Fellow soaps AMERICANA and RED WIDOW (formerly Penoza) also look strong, along with the male-skewing LAST RESORT, which I hear may be launched as a limited/midseason series. In the magical series face-off between 666 PARK AVE and GOTHAM, (Beauty & The Beast has dropped out of contention), 666 seems to have the upper hand but that could change. I hear Marc Cherry’s DEVIOUS MAIDS is fading fast though one should never count Cherry out. MISTRESSES has a series order. On the half-hour side, the Reba McEntire starrer MALIBU COUNTRY, the MANDY MOORE comedy and the DAN FOGELMAN alien sitcom, now called Neighbors, look good. COMEBACK JACK (form. Red Van Man) and Claudia Lonow’s HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS are also in contention, while there is speculation that early favorite AMERICAN JUDY may be redeveloped in lieu of a straight pickup as ABC loves star Judy Greer.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: Which Pilots Look Good At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime