Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride