Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend – Sat. PM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind”…
- Universal Moves ‘American Made’, Away From Fox’s ‘Kingsman’