Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into The…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident