Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest Film News
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- Liam Neeson Suits Up For ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff
- Cohen Media Group Sets ‘Palmer’ Scribe Cheryl Guerriero To Adapt ‘Maiden Voyage’
- Chad Stahelski Set To Direct ‘Analog’ For Lionsgate
- Antoine Fuqua To Direct Nicholas Pileggi-Scripted ‘The Street’ for Tooley Entertainment, eOne, Pressman Films
- Michelle Williams To Star In Underground Abortion Network Drama ‘This Is Jane’ For Amazon Studios