Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty Box…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie