Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office