Dimension Films announced today that it is partnering with Starz Digital Media to offer up the sequel to the fish-ploitation pic Piranha 3DD on-demand and online in places like Amazon, iTunes and Xbox Live the same day as its theatrical release Friday. It marks the first time a 3D movie is taking the increasingly common day-and-date distribution route. Beginning tomorrow, Piranha 3DD will be available for a 48-hour VOD rental; $6.99 in standard and high definition, and $7.99 in 3D. The first film in the franchise made $25M domestic and $83.2 globally when it was released in August 2010. The sequel stars Danielle Panabaker, Matt Bush and David Koechner.
'Piranha 3DD' To Test Day-And-Date Waters
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”