Phase 4 Films announced today that they have purchased the North American rights to Electrick Children. The drama, which Rebecca Thomas both wrote and directed, tells the tale of the upheaval that happens when a teenage girl raised in a fundamentalist community discovers a mixtape of rock music. Julia Garner plays the lead. Electrick Children made its world premiere at the 2012 Berlin Film Festival. The film had its North American premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival. Phase 4 will release the film day-and-date in theatres and on VOD later this year. Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Ben Weiss and Nick LoPiccolo at Paradigm negotiated the Electrick Children deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Phase 4 Snags Rights To ‘Electrick Children’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations