Phase 4 Films announced today that they have purchased the North American rights to Electrick Children. The drama, which Rebecca Thomas both wrote and directed, tells the tale of the upheaval that happens when a teenage girl raised in a fundamentalist community discovers a mixtape of rock music. Julia Garner plays the lead. Electrick Children made its world premiere at the 2012 Berlin Film Festival. The film had its North American premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival. Phase 4 will release the film day-and-date in theatres and on VOD later this year. Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Ben Weiss and Nick LoPiccolo at Paradigm negotiated the Electrick Children deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Phase 4 Snags Rights To ‘Electrick Children’
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects