Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired U.S. rights to Matteo Garrone’s Cannes competition film Reality, his first feature since 2008’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Gomorrah. Oscilloscope will take the film to additional festivals this fall with a theatrical, DVD, and digital release to follow early next year. Reality is a darkly comic portrait of Luciano, a fishmonger whose unexpected and sudden obsession with being a contestant on Big Brother leads him down a rabbit hole of skewed perceptions and paranoia. Reality was produced by Garrone and Domenico Procacci (Gomorrah), with Jean Labadie of Le Pacte as co-producer. Deal was negotiated by Dan Berger and David Laub of Oscilloscope with Janine Gold of Fandango Portobello assisted by Garrone’s U.S. reps Bart Walker of Cinetic Media and Jeff Berg of ICM.
Oscilloscope Takes U.S. Rights To 'Reality'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List – Updated Live
- DGA Award Winners List – Live
- New ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Trailer”: Lionsgate Unleashes Super Bowl Spot A Day Early
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Lands ‘Conquest’; Plan To Re-Team ‘The Revenant’s Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down ‘Caesar’ – Saturday AM…