The Bernard-Henri Levy documentary The Oath Of Tobruk was a late entry into the Cannes Film Festival. The Weinstein Company has acquired U.S. rights to the film, which was made over the eight-month period of conflict that put an end to Muammar Gaddafi’s reign in Libya. “American audiences will get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of how our government and the French government worked together to stop the slaughter of innocent civilians and brilliantly handled the overthrow of a government.” Harvey Weinstein said in the release announcing the deal. The festival has set a special screening of the doc May 25, when key figures from the revolution will attend as guests of Levy, the French philosopher-journalist. The film was produced by Studio 37, a financier of last year’s Cannes darling and Best Picture Oscar winner The Artist, also a Weinstein film; Margo Cinema; and Arté. Rezo is selling remaining territories at the Cannes market.
Weinstein Co Acquires 'The Oath Of Tobruk': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland