EXCLUSIVE: New Wave Entertainment is boosting its East Coast business by tapping Maureen Taran as VP Management and Production. There The 15-year talent, production and management veteran will run the company’s soon-to-open New York office and help cultivate a roster of new clientele and acquisitions. Taran helped launch the careers of comedians Dave Chappelle, Wanda Sykes and Tracy Morgan and held executive positions at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival and Epix, and also was supervising producer of Showtime’s The Green Room With Paul Provenza. “A hire of this caliber clearly represents our commitment to servicing the East Coast talent and buyers that we do so much business with,” said Brian Volk-Weiss, New Wave’s Head of Production and SVP Talent Management and Dynamics.
New Wave Hires Comedy Veteran Maureen Taran As VP In NY Expansion
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE