EXCLUSIVE: New Wave Entertainment is boosting its East Coast business by tapping Maureen Taran as VP Management and Production. There The 15-year talent, production and management veteran will run the company’s soon-to-open New York office and help cultivate a roster of new clientele and acquisitions. Taran helped launch the careers of comedians Dave Chappelle, Wanda Sykes and Tracy Morgan and held executive positions at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival and Epix, and also was supervising producer of Showtime’s The Green Room With Paul Provenza. “A hire of this caliber clearly represents our commitment to servicing the East Coast talent and buyers that we do so much business with,” said Brian Volk-Weiss, New Wave’s Head of Production and SVP Talent Management and Dynamics.
New Wave Hires Comedy Veteran Maureen Taran As VP In NY Expansion
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin