EXCLUSIVE: New Wave Entertainment is boosting its East Coast business by tapping Maureen Taran as VP Management and Production. There The 15-year talent, production and management veteran will run the company’s soon-to-open New York office and help cultivate a roster of new clientele and acquisitions. Taran helped launch the careers of comedians Dave Chappelle, Wanda Sykes and Tracy Morgan and held executive positions at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival and Epix, and also was supervising producer of Showtime’s The Green Room With Paul Provenza. “A hire of this caliber clearly represents our commitment to servicing the East Coast talent and buyers that we do so much business with,” said Brian Volk-Weiss, New Wave’s Head of Production and SVP Talent Management and Dynamics.
New Wave Hires Comedy Veteran Maureen Taran As VP In NY Expansion
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return