EXCLUSIVE: New Wave Entertainment is boosting its East Coast business by tapping Maureen Taran as VP Management and Production. There The 15-year talent, production and management veteran will run the company’s soon-to-open New York office and help cultivate a roster of new clientele and acquisitions. Taran helped launch the careers of comedians Dave Chappelle, Wanda Sykes and Tracy Morgan and held executive positions at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival and Epix, and also was supervising producer of Showtime’s The Green Room With Paul Provenza. “A hire of this caliber clearly represents our commitment to servicing the East Coast talent and buyers that we do so much business with,” said Brian Volk-Weiss, New Wave’s Head of Production and SVP Talent Management and Dynamics.
New Wave Hires Comedy Veteran Maureen Taran As VP In NY Expansion
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC