The network is yet to confirm, but I hear that NBC is renewing freshman reality series Fashion Star for a second season. The series, created by/exec produced/hosted by Elle Macpherson and featuring Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos, has not been a ratings standout, averaging a modest 1.3-1.5 in the adults 18-49, but it is very advertiser-friendly and has a successful fashion line offshoot, which may have tipped the scales in favor of renewal. “The show delivered a concentrated audience of rich urban women, and all the retailers did huge business,” one insider said. The list of Fashion Star-associated retailers includes biggies Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods.
NBC Renews 'Fashion Star' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?