The network is yet to confirm, but I hear that NBC is renewing freshman reality series Fashion Star for a second season. The series, created by/exec produced/hosted by Elle Macpherson and featuring Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos, has not been a ratings standout, averaging a modest 1.3-1.5 in the adults 18-49, but it is very advertiser-friendly and has a successful fashion line offshoot, which may have tipped the scales in favor of renewal. “The show delivered a concentrated audience of rich urban women, and all the retailers did huge business,” one insider said. The list of Fashion Star-associated retailers includes biggies Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods.
NBC Renews 'Fashion Star' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- ‘Orphan Black’ Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club’s Fate, Evil Rachel & The…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’