The network is yet to confirm, but I hear that NBC is renewing freshman reality series Fashion Star for a second season. The series, created by/exec produced/hosted by Elle Macpherson and featuring Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos, has not been a ratings standout, averaging a modest 1.3-1.5 in the adults 18-49, but it is very advertiser-friendly and has a successful fashion line offshoot, which may have tipped the scales in favor of renewal. “The show delivered a concentrated audience of rich urban women, and all the retailers did huge business,” one insider said. The list of Fashion Star-associated retailers includes biggies Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods.
NBC Renews 'Fashion Star' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Jeremy Clarkson Introduces Amazon Drone Delivery Ahead Of ‘#Drive2Prime’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings