The network is yet to confirm, but I hear that NBC is renewing freshman reality series Fashion Star for a second season. The series, created by/exec produced/hosted by Elle Macpherson and featuring Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos, has not been a ratings standout, averaging a modest 1.3-1.5 in the adults 18-49, but it is very advertiser-friendly and has a successful fashion line offshoot, which may have tipped the scales in favor of renewal. “The show delivered a concentrated audience of rich urban women, and all the retailers did huge business,” one insider said. The list of Fashion Star-associated retailers includes biggies Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods.
NBC Renews 'Fashion Star' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update