Community fans won’t have to stage an uprising. (Well, maybe just a small mutiny over the size of the order.) The cult NBC/Sony Pictures TV comedy series has been renewed for next season with a 13-episode order. The short pickup is not a surprising. As we reported, NBC had been eying abbreviated orders for most or all of its returning comedies, which freed up money to pick up more freshmen. With the renewal secured, the question Community faces heading into its fourth season is whether it will return with both creator/showrunner Dan Harmon and co-star Chevy Chase on board. There has been a well documented feud between the two, raising speculation whether they could continue to work together or one would step down. I hear it is unclear as of now if Harmon will continue as showrunner. That is a possibility, with other scenarios also explored. Leaving Community are longtime executive producers Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan who just signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV.
NBC's 'Community' Renewed For Fourth Season With 13-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Brandon Flynn & Michael Graziadei Set To Recur In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Showtime Developing Biotech Marital Thriller Drama ‘Chemistry’ Based On British Miniseries ‘The Politician’s Husband…
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Scandal: Michael O’Neill Set To Recur On Final Season Of ABC Drama