Community fans won’t have to stage an uprising. (Well, maybe just a small mutiny over the size of the order.) The cult NBC/Sony Pictures TV comedy series has been renewed for next season with a 13-episode order. The short pickup is not a surprising. As we reported, NBC had been eying abbreviated orders for most or all of its returning comedies, which freed up money to pick up more freshmen. With the renewal secured, the question Community faces heading into its fourth season is whether it will return with both creator/showrunner Dan Harmon and co-star Chevy Chase on board. There has been a well documented feud between the two, raising speculation whether they could continue to work together or one would step down. I hear it is unclear as of now if Harmon will continue as showrunner. That is a possibility, with other scenarios also explored. Leaving Community are longtime executive producers Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan who just signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV.
NBC's 'Community' Renewed For Fourth Season With 13-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos