NBC has given one last-minute comedy series order to the Dane Cook starrer Next Caller, which I hear is being picked up for six episodes. The project, from writer Stephen Falk, Lionsgate and Universal TV, is a single-camera gender comedy focusing on a brash alpha male DJ (Cook) and his new, plucky, feminist co-host (Collette Wolfe) set in the offices of a satellite radio station. There had been talk that NBC liked the premise but was considering redeveloping it. That is still a possibility given that fact that the order is for 6 episodes, likely for midseason. As Next Caller got a nod, I hear the last remaining NBC comedy pilots have now gotten a pass. That includes the multi-camera Kari Lizer project starring Minnie Driver and Andrea Anders and Daddy’s Girls starring Scott Bakula, which may be shopped elsewhere. With the Next Caller pickup, NBC’s tally is seven new comedy series for next season — six single-camera and one multi-, the Jimmy Fallon-produced Guys With Kids.
NBC Picks Up 'Next Caller' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”