It was a rare move to plug a competitor’s scoop in the hotly contested TV news biz. NBC News interrupted its regular programming today to tell viewers that President Obama told ABC News that he is now fully in favor same-sex marriages. Anchor Brian Williams came on to announce the president’s new stance at 12:08 PM PST (see video below). ABC broke into its programming earlier to make the announcement. CBS and Fox did not. Obama’s announcement comes one day before he heads to Hollywood for a multi-million dollar fundraiser at George Clooney’s house and one week before another with the openly gay Ricky Martin and the LGBT Leadership Council:
NBC News Breaks Into Programming For ABC's Obama Same-Sex Marriage Scoop
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93