It was a rare move to plug a competitor’s scoop in the hotly contested TV news biz. NBC News interrupted its regular programming today to tell viewers that President Obama told ABC News that he is now fully in favor same-sex marriages. Anchor Brian Williams came on to announce the president’s new stance at 12:08 PM PST (see video below). ABC broke into its programming earlier to make the announcement. CBS and Fox did not. Obama’s announcement comes one day before he heads to Hollywood for a multi-million dollar fundraiser at George Clooney’s house and one week before another with the openly gay Ricky Martin and the LGBT Leadership Council:
NBC News Breaks Into Programming For ABC's Obama Same-Sex Marriage Scoop
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'