When writers deals were made for 30 Rock for next fall, they were were made with the presumption that the upcoming 13-episode seventh season will be the Emmy-winning comedy’s swan song. But during today’s NBC conference call the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt said that there no decision has been made to end 30 Rock, The Office or Community after the upcoming season. “We haven’t definitively said that on anything yet,” he said. Like 30 Rock, Community was picked up for 13 episodes and is being moved to the Friday 8 PM slot where NBC sent Chuck for its final 13-episode season last fall. The Office was renewed for 22 episodes. Asked whether Community creator Dan Harmon will return as showrunner next season, Greenblatt said, “I expect his voice to be part of it,” adding that it is still unclear if that will be in his current role or as a consultant. Greenblatt dismissed the notion that the discussion about Harmon possibly stepping down from day-to-day oversight of the show stems from his ongoing feud with co-star Chevy Chase, saying that there are larger factors beyond that.
NBC Boss Bob Greenblatt: No End Date Set For 'The Office', Community' Or '30 Rock'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
Latest TV News
- Apple Plans To Spend $1B For Video Content Over The Next Year: Report
- Prime Focus Condemns ‘Game Of Thrones’ Leak; Venice Adds Jean Rouch’s ‘Cousin, Cousine’; Camerimage To Honor Paul Hirsch – Global …
- Jimmy Kimmel: President Donald Trump Is Completely Unhinged
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday’s Bonkers Press Conference
- ‘Walking Dead’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan Says “F*** You” To Donald Trump Over Racism
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’: Karl Gajdusek Joins As Showrunner For Season 2 Of Amazon Series