The network is bringing the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards to Staples Center for the first time on September 6. The show will air at 8 PM PST. No word on a host or the lineup (Russell Brand is hosting the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on June 3), but it will need some real chart-toppers to hit the record 12.4 million viewers it drew last year with performances from the likes of Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Adele. The VMAs will be broadcast across all of MTV’s more than 60 channels worldwide with an audience reach of 600 million households.
MTV Video Music Awards Moving To L.A.'s Staples Center
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’
- EveryWhere Studios Taps Julia Eisenman As SVP Development
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…