The network is bringing the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards to Staples Center for the first time on September 6. The show will air at 8 PM PST. No word on a host or the lineup (Russell Brand is hosting the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on June 3), but it will need some real chart-toppers to hit the record 12.4 million viewers it drew last year with performances from the likes of Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Adele. The VMAs will be broadcast across all of MTV’s more than 60 channels worldwide with an audience reach of 600 million households.
MTV Video Music Awards Moving To L.A.'s Staples Center
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow