The network is bringing the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards to Staples Center for the first time on September 6. The show will air at 8 PM PST. No word on a host or the lineup (Russell Brand is hosting the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on June 3), but it will need some real chart-toppers to hit the record 12.4 million viewers it drew last year with performances from the likes of Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Adele. The VMAs will be broadcast across all of MTV’s more than 60 channels worldwide with an audience reach of 600 million households.
MTV Video Music Awards Moving To L.A.'s Staples Center
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series