The MPAA is ramping up its efforts to combat movie piracy, appointing attorney Marc Miller as SVP Content Protection, Internet. Miller joins from Nintendo of America, where he was Anti-Piracy Counsel for Americas and Asia/Pacific. He will be based in the MPAA’s Los Angeles office and report to Michael Robinson, the EVP Content Protection and Chief of Operations for the major studio’s lobbying organization and trade group. Miller will oversee worldwide Internet content protection and enforcement, and work with the MPAA’s legal team in defining as well as enforcing the group’s litigation strategy. Prior to joining Nintendo, he worked on IP Litigation at the U.S. Department of Justice’s Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section. The MPAA is active in anti-piracy efforts in 27 countries in Asia/Pacific, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
MPAA Taps Marc Miller As Web Piracy Exec
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Roman Polanski Cannot Be Extradited To U.S.; Polish Supreme Court’s Final Ruling
- Twitter Year-End Numbers: Top Trending TV Shows, Movies & More
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming