It’s always interesting when a journalist goes from covering the biz to working in it. That’s what just happened to Mike Goodridge: The editor of UK trade Screen, will see the other side when he segues to become CEO of London-based Protagonist Pictures this summer, it was announced today. The move follows the appointment of Protagonist CEO Ben Roberts to head of the Fillm Fund at the British Film Institute last April. Protagonist is an international sales and finance company whose shareholders include Film4, Vertigo Films and Ingenious Media. Its roster of upcoming films includes Nick Loves’ action thriller The Sweeney, Richard Ayoades’ The Double starring Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska, How I Live Now by Kevin Macdonald and John Michael McDonagh’s Calvary. Goodridge, a former colleague of mine at Screen, started there in 1994 and was based in LA for 12 years before returning to London as editor.
Mike Goodridge Segues Into CEO Role At Protagonist Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies