It’s always interesting when a journalist goes from covering the biz to working in it. That’s what just happened to Mike Goodridge: The editor of UK trade Screen, will see the other side when he segues to become CEO of London-based Protagonist Pictures this summer, it was announced today. The move follows the appointment of Protagonist CEO Ben Roberts to head of the Fillm Fund at the British Film Institute last April. Protagonist is an international sales and finance company whose shareholders include Film4, Vertigo Films and Ingenious Media. Its roster of upcoming films includes Nick Loves’ action thriller The Sweeney, Richard Ayoades’ The Double starring Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska, How I Live Now by Kevin Macdonald and John Michael McDonagh’s Calvary. Goodridge, a former colleague of mine at Screen, started there in 1994 and was based in LA for 12 years before returning to London as editor.
Mike Goodridge Segues Into CEO Role At Protagonist Pictures
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival