Michael Wright, EVP and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, has been promoted to President, Head of Programming. In his new position, Wright will continue to oversee all programming and scheduling for TNT and TBS, original programming for TCM and original content for all three networks’ digital extensions. He is based in Los Angeles and reports to Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. During his 10 years at Turner, Wright has overseen the development of hit TNT series The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles and TBS’ off-network acquisition of The Big Bang Theory. He was also part of the team that recruited Conan O’Brien for a late-night show on TBS. TNT and TBS are launching four and three new series this year, respectively, as both networks are shifting form premiering originals only in the summer and winter to a year-round model. Wright, who joined TNT in 2002, was named SVP of original programming for the network in 2004. His duties expanded to include TBS in 2005 and TCM in 2007. Prior to joining Turner, Wright served as VP of movies and miniseries for CBS Prods. and CBS Entertainment.
Michael Wright Upped To President, Head Of Programming Of TNT, TBS and TCM
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?