Pathé International has added cast to its psychological thriller An Enemy. Jake Gyllenhaal had already been set for the Denis Villeneuve-directed film that starts shooting next week in Toronto. Isabella Rossellini is now aboard with Inglourious Basterds‘ Mélanie Laurent and Cosmopolis‘ Sarah Gadon. Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences. Javier Gullón adapted José Saramago’s book The Double for the screen. Producers are Niv Fichman and Miguel Faura. Pathé has French and UK rights with Alliance handling Canada. Pathé International is selling foreign. WME is repping the US.
Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, Isabella Rossellini Join Jake Gyllenhaal In 'An Enemy'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Prisoners Of War' Drama Headed To Mexico; Nina Etspueler Rejoins Red Arrow Entertainment Group; More
- Update: 'Pirates 5′ Confirmed To Shoot In Queensland, Australia
- Andrew Scott & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown': First Photo
- Hammer, eOne Nail First-Look Pact For Production, Financing & Distribution
- 'The Water Diviner' Trailer: Russell Crowe's Epic Feature Helming Debut
- China's 'Breakup Buddies': Follow-Up To Smash 'Lost In Thailand' Palling Around At Home & Abroad (Video)