Pathé International has added cast to its psychological thriller An Enemy. Jake Gyllenhaal had already been set for the Denis Villeneuve-directed film that starts shooting next week in Toronto. Isabella Rossellini is now aboard with Inglourious Basterds‘ Mélanie Laurent and Cosmopolis‘ Sarah Gadon. Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences. Javier Gullón adapted José Saramago’s book The Double for the screen. Producers are Niv Fichman and Miguel Faura. Pathé has French and UK rights with Alliance handling Canada. Pathé International is selling foreign. WME is repping the US.
Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, Isabella Rossellini Join Jake Gyllenhaal In 'An Enemy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Tartaglione
- ‘Sniper’, ‘Boy Next Door’, ‘Mortdecai’ Up In Actuals; ‘Taken 3′ Cume Shifts…
- Bear Grylls Set For New ITV Series; Keshet Preps Annual INTV Event: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Ryan Reynolds Hears ‘The Voices’ In Horror Comedy Trailer
- ‘Cake Boss’ Renewed For 2 Seasons Under TLC/Discovery Networks Intl Pact
- Civil Rights Org Sees Rise In Threats Against Muslims Over ‘American Sniper’
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup