Pathé International has added cast to its psychological thriller An Enemy. Jake Gyllenhaal had already been set for the Denis Villeneuve-directed film that starts shooting next week in Toronto. Isabella Rossellini is now aboard with Inglourious Basterds‘ Mélanie Laurent and Cosmopolis‘ Sarah Gadon. Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences. Javier Gullón adapted José Saramago’s book The Double for the screen. Producers are Niv Fichman and Miguel Faura. Pathé has French and UK rights with Alliance handling Canada. Pathé International is selling foreign. WME is repping the US.
Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, Isabella Rossellini Join Jake Gyllenhaal In 'An Enemy'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward