Pathé International has added cast to its psychological thriller An Enemy. Jake Gyllenhaal had already been set for the Denis Villeneuve-directed film that starts shooting next week in Toronto. Isabella Rossellini is now aboard with Inglourious Basterds‘ Mélanie Laurent and Cosmopolis‘ Sarah Gadon. Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences. Javier Gullón adapted José Saramago’s book The Double for the screen. Producers are Niv Fichman and Miguel Faura. Pathé has French and UK rights with Alliance handling Canada. Pathé International is selling foreign. WME is repping the US.
Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, Isabella Rossellini Join Jake Gyllenhaal In 'An Enemy'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Whips Past $500M At Worldwide Box Office
- Lionsgate, Buena Vista International Team For ‘Mockingjay 2′ Release In Russia
- Ian McKellen Does His Own Beekeeping Stunts In ‘Mr Holmes’ Teaser Trailer
- Tracey Ullman Takes On BBC Comedy Series In Return To UK Television
- ITV Sees Strong Growth In 2014 Revenues; Production Arm At Nearly £1B