Pathé International has added cast to its psychological thriller An Enemy. Jake Gyllenhaal had already been set for the Denis Villeneuve-directed film that starts shooting next week in Toronto. Isabella Rossellini is now aboard with Inglourious Basterds‘ Mélanie Laurent and Cosmopolis‘ Sarah Gadon. Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences. Javier Gullón adapted José Saramago’s book The Double for the screen. Producers are Niv Fichman and Miguel Faura. Pathé has French and UK rights with Alliance handling Canada. Pathé International is selling foreign. WME is repping the US.
Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, Isabella Rossellini Join Jake Gyllenhaal In 'An Enemy'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Interstellar, Penguins of Madagascar China Face Off
- Potential 'Rupert' Actors Shunning Plum Role Fearing Murdoch, Play Producer Says
- Ethan Hawke To Play Chet Baker In Trumpeter Biopic 'Born To Be Blue' – AFM
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Closes $450M Credit Facility, Triples Financing Ability
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer