EXCLUSIVE: Young actor Mason Cook (Spy Kids In 4D) is set to co-star opposite Eddie Izzard and Charity Wakefield in NBC’s Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane. The pilot, written by Bryan Fuller and to be directed by Bryan Singer, is described as a reinvention of the 1960s sitcom about The Munsters, a family of “monsters” — vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein, and their “plain” cousin (Wakefield) — that will feature striking visuals in the vein of Fuller’s ABC dramedy Pushing Daisies. Cook will play Eddie Munster, Lily and Herman’s only child, an earnest boy scout and budding werewolf. Horrified to learn the truth about himself, he refuses to eat meat and faces off against Grandpa (Izzard) at dinner. Cook has recurred on ABC’s The Middle and has roles in two upcoming movies: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, where he plays a younger version of the title character, played by Steve Carell; and Disney’s The Lone Ranger.
Mason Cook To Play Eddie Munster In NBC's 'Mockingbird Lane' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive