EXCLUSIVE: Young actor Mason Cook (Spy Kids In 4D) is set to co-star opposite Eddie Izzard and Charity Wakefield in NBC’s Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane. The pilot, written by Bryan Fuller and to be directed by Bryan Singer, is described as a reinvention of the 1960s sitcom about The Munsters, a family of “monsters” — vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein, and their “plain” cousin (Wakefield) — that will feature striking visuals in the vein of Fuller’s ABC dramedy Pushing Daisies. Cook will play Eddie Munster, Lily and Herman’s only child, an earnest boy scout and budding werewolf. Horrified to learn the truth about himself, he refuses to eat meat and faces off against Grandpa (Izzard) at dinner. Cook has recurred on ABC’s The Middle and has roles in two upcoming movies: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, where he plays a younger version of the title character, played by Steve Carell; and Disney’s The Lone Ranger.
Mason Cook To Play Eddie Munster In NBC's 'Mockingbird Lane' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres