Mandragora International Group has signed an agreement to co-produce a feature film with the China Film Group Corporation. The Solar Pictures’ parent company and the state-run Chinese production and distribution company will work together on The Girl Who Knew Too Much. The thriller follows the love affair between a Chinese owner of a world-renowned fashion brand and an international supermodel. The English-language film will be written and directed by Bobby Paunescu. His past credits include 2008’s Megatron and 2005’s The Death of Mr. Lazarescu,both of which were in competition at the Cannes Film Festival during their respective years. Paunescu is the co-founder of Solar Pictures along with Jared Underwood, a former senior VP at Comerica Entertainment. Paunescu is also the founder and CEO of Mandragora International Group. Cristian Mungiu’s Beyond the Hills, which is co-produced by Paunescu, will be in the main competition at Cannes this year.
Mandragora & China Film Group Ink Co-Production Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest International News
- Channel 4 Chief Executive Alex Mahon To Keynote Mip Formats
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus