EXCLUSIVE: Girlfight director Karyn Kusama will start shooting The Invitation this summer. Luke Wilson stars with an ensemble that includes Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace and The Big Bang Theory‘s Johnny Galecki. Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi’s script sees Wilson invited to his estranged ex-wife’s dinner party. Over the course of the evening, he’s gripped by mounting evidence that something insidious has taken hold of his ex, and that she and her new friends have a mysterious and horrifying agenda. XYZ Films is producing alongside Martha Griffin and Hay and Manfredi. Celluloid Nightmares, the partnership between XYZ and France’s Celluloid Dreams, is selling foreign rights in Cannes. XYZ and ICM are repping domestic. Kusama and Grace are repped by ICM. Wilson, Quinto and Galecki are repped by CAA. XYZ’s The Raid: Redemtion is currently on release via Sony Pictures Classics. It’s also just completed production on Frankenstein’s Army.
Luke Wilson, Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace Accept Karyn Kusama & XYZ's 'Invitation'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'