EXCLUSIVE: Girlfight director Karyn Kusama will start shooting The Invitation this summer. Luke Wilson stars with an ensemble that includes Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace and The Big Bang Theory‘s Johnny Galecki. Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi’s script sees Wilson invited to his estranged ex-wife’s dinner party. Over the course of the evening, he’s gripped by mounting evidence that something insidious has taken hold of his ex, and that she and her new friends have a mysterious and horrifying agenda. XYZ Films is producing alongside Martha Griffin and Hay and Manfredi. Celluloid Nightmares, the partnership between XYZ and France’s Celluloid Dreams, is selling foreign rights in Cannes. XYZ and ICM are repping domestic. Kusama and Grace are repped by ICM. Wilson, Quinto and Galecki are repped by CAA. XYZ’s The Raid: Redemtion is currently on release via Sony Pictures Classics. It’s also just completed production on Frankenstein’s Army.
Luke Wilson, Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace Accept Karyn Kusama & XYZ's 'Invitation'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Tartaglione
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Beloved Sisters' Gets Germany's Nod For Oscar Race; BAFTA Sets David Fincher Retrospective; More
- Venice: 'Birdman's Michael Keaton Is “OK With The Elephant In The Room”
- Venice: 'Birdman' Soars To Raves In Seamless Festival Bow
- Avi Arad & Bruno Wu Using Genghis Khan To Invade China
- Intl Box Office Update: 'Lucy' Crosses $100M Overseas; 'Sin City 2′ Drops In Russia; More