EXCLUSIVE: Girlfight director Karyn Kusama will start shooting The Invitation this summer. Luke Wilson stars with an ensemble that includes Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace and The Big Bang Theory‘s Johnny Galecki. Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi’s script sees Wilson invited to his estranged ex-wife’s dinner party. Over the course of the evening, he’s gripped by mounting evidence that something insidious has taken hold of his ex, and that she and her new friends have a mysterious and horrifying agenda. XYZ Films is producing alongside Martha Griffin and Hay and Manfredi. Celluloid Nightmares, the partnership between XYZ and France’s Celluloid Dreams, is selling foreign rights in Cannes. XYZ and ICM are repping domestic. Kusama and Grace are repped by ICM. Wilson, Quinto and Galecki are repped by CAA. XYZ’s The Raid: Redemtion is currently on release via Sony Pictures Classics. It’s also just completed production on Frankenstein’s Army.
Luke Wilson, Zachary Quinto, Topher Grace Accept Karyn Kusama & XYZ's 'Invitation'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Tartaglione
- BBC & Red Planet Form Pact; Gal-Raday Named At ProSiebenSat:Global Briefs
- Is Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' The Next Bollywood Blockbuster? (Video)
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant Tune Up For Stephen Frears' 'Florence' – AFM
- Comedy Central Int'l Moves Ahead With 'Brotherhood' Sitcom From UK's Big Talk
- Pitt Honors Soldiers; BBC Takes To 'London Spy', 'Passing Bells'; More: Global Briefs