Lucas Black has joined the cast of the Gus Van Sant-directed Promised Land for Focus Features. He’ll also play a role in the Brian Helgeland-directed 42 for Warner Bros. In Promised Land, Black plays a land owner who gets cheated and exploited when his land is leased. In 42, Black plays shortstop Pee Wee Reese, who, from the moment Jackie Robinson joined the Brooklyn Dodgers and broke the color barrier, embraced the rookie and stood by his side. ICM-repped Black was last seen with Robert Duvall in Seven Days In Utopia.
Lucas Black Joins 'Promised Land' And '42'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role
- Toronto: Andrew Garfield-Michael Shannon Starrer '99 Homes' Sells To Broad Green Pictures In $3 Million Deal
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale
- Skydance Productions Names Larry Wasserman CFO
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War