Lucas Black has joined the cast of the Gus Van Sant-directed Promised Land for Focus Features. He’ll also play a role in the Brian Helgeland-directed 42 for Warner Bros. In Promised Land, Black plays a land owner who gets cheated and exploited when his land is leased. In 42, Black plays shortstop Pee Wee Reese, who, from the moment Jackie Robinson joined the Brooklyn Dodgers and broke the color barrier, embraced the rookie and stood by his side. ICM-repped Black was last seen with Robert Duvall in Seven Days In Utopia.
Lucas Black Joins 'Promised Land' And '42'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- Sony Pictures Animation Details Upcoming Slate, Including Julia Roberts’ ‘Smurfs’ Role
- ‘Soldado’ Cast ‘Teen Wolf’ Actor Ian Bohen; Laurence Mason Boards ‘LAbyrinth’
- Adam McKay, Emory Cohen Board Corruption Drama ‘Crook County’
- New Line Posts Up ‘Boston College Fix’; Seth Gordon To Direct Robert Carlock Script
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Predict Final Best Picture Nominees In Latest Smackdown…
- A+ Voice Cast Shines For Sony Pictures Animation’s ‘The Star’