EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has enlisted newcomer Eirene Donohue to write the screenplay for Girls’ Night Out. Descrbed as a raucous, college-set, female-driven ensemble comedy, the project is based on an idea the studio hatched with producers Laurence Mark and David Blackman. Donohue, whose first spec script became a 2010 Nicholl Fellowship semifinalist, is also writing Made 2: Ladies Man for MTV, based on the reality series Made. She also is developing projects with Offspring Entertainment and Davis Entertainment. The Brown University grad is repped by Shan Ray at The Kaplan Stahler Agency and manager John Tantillo.
Lionsgate Taps Newcomer Eirene Donohue To Script Female-Driven Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Steven Spielberg Eyes Indiana Jones & West Side Story Atop Next Directing Vehicles
- Notes On The Season: Oscars Get Ready To Reveal All; Controversies Cloud Race; ‘Get Out’s’ Jordan Peele…
- Marion Cotillard Weighs In On Woody Allen, Says Catherine Deneuve Letter Doesn’t Represent Her
- ‘I, Tonya’ Stars Margot Robbie & Allison Janney Set For Santa Barbara Film Fest Honors
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March…
- John Hawkes, Octavia Spencer In 'Small Town Crime'; 'The Final Year' Recalls Obama – Specialty B.O. Preview