EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has enlisted newcomer Eirene Donohue to write the screenplay for Girls’ Night Out. Descrbed as a raucous, college-set, female-driven ensemble comedy, the project is based on an idea the studio hatched with producers Laurence Mark and David Blackman. Donohue, whose first spec script became a 2010 Nicholl Fellowship semifinalist, is also writing Made 2: Ladies Man for MTV, based on the reality series Made. She also is developing projects with Offspring Entertainment and Davis Entertainment. The Brown University grad is repped by Shan Ray at The Kaplan Stahler Agency and manager John Tantillo.
Lionsgate Taps Newcomer Eirene Donohue To Script Female-Driven Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Lena Waithe To Be Honored With MTV Movie & TV Trailblazer Award
- ‘City Of Lies’ Trailer: Johnny Depp & Forest Whitaker Take The Biggie Smalls Case
- Emmy Double Play: Peter Kunhardt Directs Two Awards-Contending Docs, On John McCain & Martin Luther King Jr.
- ‘The Expendables 4’ Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & ‘Rambo 5’ Sell To China In Eight-Figure…
- Fox TV Latin America Promotion, Will Arnett Joins Sky Drama ‘Riviera’ — Global Briefs
- Jake Gyllenhaal In Mysterio Talks For ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel